Kano is the capital of the state of Kano. Its located at the geographic region of Sahara and this is at the southern part of Sahara. The city is also the succeeding biggest city in the nation and also the commercial centre of Northern Nigeria.
Demographics Of Kano
The capital of this city stretches across up to 137 square kilometres and this is about 53 square miles. The city of Kano comprises of up to 6 local government municipal regions which are Nassarawa, Tarauni, Gwale, Dala, Fagge and Kano Municipal.
however, there are two extra local governments and they are Kumbotso and Ungogo. The total of the geographical area of the city of Kano is up to 499 square kilometres and this is about 193 square miles. The populace of the city is about 2,828,861 and this is from the 2006 census in Nigeria.
A Glance At Kano History
The Dala Hill was a hunt site in the 7th century and there was assembling of a group of iron workers. The older name of Kano is Dala and there was reference to this in the 15 century and in the beginning of the 16th century.
The history of Kano speaks of one priest with the name of Barbashe as the first settlers. Kano settlers trace their origin to Barbu. Then in the 12th century Ali Yaji who was the king of Kano became a Muslim and after this a declaration of the Sultanate.
Other Monarchies Of Kano
The next king was Muhammad Rumfa and the city became more Islamic. The next was the the coming of Fulani and colonialism and now the Kano of Nigeria today.
What Transport Companies Can Take You To Kano?
The transport companies below operate in many states in Nigeria. nevertheless the article will list where you can get them in Lagos and also know that Lagos is not their only place of business.
- Chisco Limited
Their Lagos address is at 104 Funsho Williams Avenue, Iponri, Lagos. There phone number is 07087287400 and 08089273799. They have a website and their website is chiscogroupng.com. Their email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cross Country Transport Limited
Their address is at 112 Egbeda in Lagos and their phone number is 07060418477 and 08067024455. Their email is email@example.com.
- God Is Good Motors Limited
Their Lagos address is at Yaba Central Park, Yaba, Lagos. Their phone and email are 08056898614 and firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.
What Is The Cost Of The Journey To Kano?
The busticket costs between N5000 and N8000. There is increase in prices during the festive periods
How Do You Pack For This Journey To Kano?
Their choice of vehicle tends to be 14 seated bus and they don’t normally have much space for luggages. but if you have much luggage you may simply send a courier.
Doing Your Eating
There are lots of categories of food and drink that you can eat and places for you to visit.
Tips For Traveling From Lagos To Kano
- Leave on time for your Kano journey
- Make Yourself Comfortable
What Places Can You Visit In Kano?
- Kurmi Market: This marketplace is the oldest market in Nigeria and is amongst the oldest in Africa. The market is always crowdy because many people prefer buying from this market mostly because their items are cheap especially the one produced locally
- This market was once renowned for Trans-Saharan commerce. The market is expansive. There are alleys for the navigation of visitors before getting to their destination. Brass works, pottery, leather goods, calabashes and other stuffs are obtainable.
- Kano Central Mosque: You will like the stunning, architectural and structural structure of this mosque. This mosque was erected in the 15th century. It’s gorgeous designs make it a place of tourism and and a confortable place of worship for the moslems
- Kano Dyeing Pit: If you are touring for fashion, then this pit can serve that purpose. The producers try to make designs and sell to the general publ;ic
- Visiting the pit can make you know how tye and dye is done and you can also purchase fabrics at affordable prices
- Rock/Riga Dam Castle: This dam is now a wonderful structure and the location is outside Kano. The nature of the atmosphere attracts more tourists. Fishing and use of boat is applicable here. A structural edifice with the name of Rock Castle Hotel was built and this was for the accommodation of Queen Elizabeth when dhe visited. You can also come here for fishing and other tourist activities.
This article talks on traveling to Kano from Lagos. It also explains the city as a place of tourism. For any questions or addition on making a journey from Lagos to Kano, our comment box is available.