Nigeria is honored with huge assets and an extremely immense population. Which makes it a good place to start up a business. Here we will be discussing on how to start up your business, steps to take in starting a valid business in Nigeria;
Create a business idea
You need to complete an appropriate research to think of a understanding and exceptional business thought. Most Nigerians ignore significant number of the great business openings in Nigeria and rather choose to ‘duplicate’ other individuals’ thought
Don’t duplicate other individuals’ thoughts, rather, you should set aside opportunity to theorize on the arrangements you could proffer and the requirements and wishes you can fulfill.
Draw a business plan
You cannot start a journey without having a destination in mind. Can you? Your business plan is the blueprint of your business. It shows where you are going and guides you throughout the journey. Hence, it is important for you to take your time to write a business plan before moving to the next stage of starting your business.
Writing a business plan is quite easy, and there are even software packages that you can use to do it easily.
Register your business
The following stage is to enlist your business with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). There are three fundamental sorts of business you can enroll in Nigeria:
- Sole proprietorship.
- Private Limited Liability Company.
- Public Limited Liability Company.
To enlist your business in Nigeria, these are the means you should take:
- Decide on the proprietorship structure of your business.
- Choose three favored business names.
- Visit the CAC office nearest to you to see whether your favored names are as yet accessible for enlistment or have just been taken by another organization. Some business names may likewise be rejected on the off chance that they are hostile or held. 7
- Provide subtle elements of your new organization, for example, your proposed place of work, reminder of affiliation, articles of affiliation, points of interest of chiefs, share capital and apportioning, and all other vital data and structures required by the CAC.
- Pay the essential expenses. For a sole proprietorship/business name as it is prominently called, you would require somewhere in the range of N12,000 and N15,000 to enroll your business with the CAC, while different types of possession would require in any event N30,000 for enlistment.
- Upon check and consistence, the endorsement would be issued to you and after that you are allowed to begin task of your business
4. Finish impose enrollment
The legitimate procedure of setting up your business isn’t finished until the point when you have visited and enlisted with the Federal and State Inland Revenue administrations.
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) is the place you would send all the Value Added Taxes, Company Income Taxes and Withholding charges, while the State Inland income would be responsible for gathering all PAYE charges deducted on your representatives and other important duties and tolls. You may likewise need to enroll with some neighborhood government organizations for installment of some duties and tolls.
Having essential licenses and allows
This would depend upon the possibility of business you wish to work. If you have to work a transportation business for instance, you would require a between state transport permit. There are a considerable measure of licenses and allows particular to various organizations so it is vital to discover which grants you have to apply for to maintain your sort of business.
Gaining office space
Next, you should search out an appropriate office space, which would be available to your customers and open you to the sort of customers you have to belittle your business.
- Set up a site
Over 40% of Nigerians visit the web day by day. In this manner, you should search for a decent web designer to enable you to make an easy to understand site that will give your business strong web presentation.
- Making an advertising plan
Much the same as your strategy for success is imperative, your promoting plan is additionally critical. Numerous Nigerians entrepreneurs begin a business without an advertising plan or a thought of how they expect to advance and offer their items. This is a misstep you ought to maintain a strategic distance from. Have a reasonable arrangement on how you plan to infiltrate the market and beat your rivals.
- Work on marking
In conclusion, you should buckle down at making a one of a kind personality for your image. Plan your logo, business cards, organization leaflet and every single vital material to enable you to advance your business.
With the majority of this set up, you would have finished all the lawful prerequisites and would be prepared to begin your very own business in Nigeria.